Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

A lot has happened since I last posted. For Christmas we joined my brothers family at my parents house. On the 23rd we decorated ginger bread houses and the kids watched some Christmas movies on T.V. Then on Christmas Eve we ate a wonderful Mexican dinner. After dinner we all piled into the back of my dads truck and drove around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. When we got back we read about the birth of Jesus out of the scriptures while the kids acted it out. Our family had never done that before and it was a nice new tradition. A huge thanks to my sister-n-law for the idea and the costumes and did I mention that there were tons of treats like fudge thanks. Christmas morning the kids woke up around 6am and we opened presents. Like every year I forgot to take pictures of them opening their presents. Maybe I'll remember next year. That evening we had a traditional dinner of ham and potatoes. It was a great Christmas.


Making the Ginger Bread House

Sissy is Mary, Big Bro. is Joseph, Bubba is the 3 wise men, and Little bro. is baby Jesus

The group after Grandpa read the scriptures


1 comments:

nickndest said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I wish we were there for it all. I love the costumes. Drake makes a cute santa.