Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blessings week ONE

I have a friend who is taking a picture for everyday of the year. I thought that this was an awesome idea but I didn't hear about it until the 4th or 5th day of the New Year and well me being me, I figured I couldn't do it for every day of the year if I already was missing a few days so I tried to think of something else to do. I thought about the song "Count Your Blessings" and realized that I am usually one to complain more than to appreciate what I have. With that being said, I am going to make it a goal to "Count My Blessings". Every Sunday this year I am going to blog about what I am thankful for. Hopefully by doing this I will grow a greater appreciation for the things in my life.

This week I realized how thankful I am to live in Southern Arizona. My kids are able to go outside and play almost year round. I don't like the snow at all. It's too cold and wet and just makes me miserable. This week the highs were in the high 60's to low 70's and the kids were able to go outside with just light jackets or long sleeved shirts. I've been very blessed that John was able to get a job down here where the weather is great.






3 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

I know what you mean about the quick to complain part--I think I have a bit a problem with that too. I think your thankful/blessing posts are a great idea! And I totally agree about the weather...everytime we go to a beautiful green place, I long for its beauty, but I would hate a cold, snowy winter!

nickndest said...

Sounds good! I know what you mean. About blessing and living in southern az.

L Murray said...

What a GREAT idea about writing about blessings. I love it! I had to chuckle about your weather...long sleeve shirts and jackets in high 60's and low 70's. Thats what my kids wear in mid 40's!! Anything below 40' makes us bring out the big coats!! In your weather we're almost to shorts!! =)